“A warning decal has been affixed to your ATA (Analogue Telephone Adapter)
And we have provided you with a second decal to be affixed to your telephone set.” Per CRTC Decision
- VoIP uses the Internet, not a telephone line to connect a call. Although VoIP acts the same as a telephone. There are important factors for you to consider regarding the impact of your VoIP service for emergency calling. If you dial 911, you will automatically be routed to a specialized call centre that handles emergency calls. This call centre is different from the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) that would answer a traditional emergency call. You will be required to provide your name, telephone number and address to the call centre operator. The call centre operator will confirm your location information and then transfer your 911 call to the appropriate Emergency Response Centre nearest your location. You should be prepared to confirm your address and call-back number with the operator. Do not hang up unless told directly to do so and if disconnected, you should immediately dial 911 again.
Registration of Physical Location Required
- You must register with your Internet/Broadband Provider the physical location where you will be using the service. When you move the device to another location (temporary or new), you must notify your provider with your new/temporary location. If you do not re-register, any call you make using the 911 dialling feature (should you be unable to speak during the 911 call) may be sent to an Emergency Centre near your last registered address.
- You must inform all household residents, quests and other persons who may have use of and have the need to dial 911 of the important differences in and limitations of VoIP 911 dialling service as compared to traditional 911 service.
- You acknowledge that in the provisioning of 911 Service, an intermediate call centre is contracted to answer the emergency call and to ensure that the proper PSAP for your physical location receives your 911 emergency calls. That in the provisioning of this service, your Name, Telephone Number and Address / Physical location is provided to the call centre.
- 911 Service will not be available Due to Power or Broadband Failure at your location, Broadband provider location or our Servers Location. Following a power failure or disruption, you MAY need to reset or reconfigure your service prior to utilizing the service including 911 dialing.
- Service outages, suspensions or terminations of Broadband Service or ISP will prevent all service, including 911 dialing.
Limitations of Liability
- We employ third parties to assist us in routing 911 calls to local Emergency Response Centre’s. We disclaim any and all liability or responsibility in the event such third party data used to route calls is incorrect or yields an erroneous result.
Neither ispeed Communications Inc. nor its Partners, Officers, Employees may be held
liable for any claim, damage or loss, and you hereby waive any and all such claims or cause of action, arising from or relating to the 911 dialing service unless such claims or causes of action arose from our gross negligence, recklessness or willful misconduct. You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless ispeed Communications Inc., its Officers,
Directors, Employees, Affiliates and Agent Partners and any other service provider who furnishes service to you in connection with the service, from any and all claims, losses, damages, fines, penalties, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, legal fees and expenses) by, or on behalf of, you or any third party relating to the absence, failure or outage of the service, including 911 dialing, incorrectly routed 911 dialed calls, and or the inability of any user of the service to be able to use 911 dialing or access emergency service personnel.
Alternate 911 Arrangements
If you do not understand and agree with the limitations of the VoIP 911 service, you should consider alternate means of accessing traditional 911 or E911 service or terminating your VoIP service.
BY CLICKING ON THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON, as a subscriber of VoIP as provided by ispeed Communications Inc, I Acknowledge that I have read and fully understand the Limitations and Conditions to which the Emergency 911 Service is provided and that I agree to use the Services as outlined.